Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Guardian Centers, LLC for fresh articles!
- Learning Objectives
- Course Registration
- Schedule & Student Count
- Course Fees & Materials
- Cancellation & Refunds
The Heavy Equipment Rigging Specialist course is a 4 day – 32 hour program developed by the FEMA Instructors and subject matter experts for encompassing structural collapse training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings to facilitate rigging and crane operations. Students are exposed to theory, principle and relationships of how and why collapse events occur and how they can best be addressed for successful and safe search and rescue operations.
The training integrates elements of physics and engineering concepts and is heavily weighted with practical applications of heavy building construction, weight calculations and configurations and the stabilization and removal of heavy objects in a safe and efficient manner. The curriculum is for advanced lifting and moving enthusiasts, takes the basics of Structural Collapse Technician and applies them to multiple story collapse, confined spaces, truss construction and stabilizing heavy weigh buildings.
Course only open to currently credentialed Military, Law Enforcement and First Responders and Structural Collapse Technician
Choose your course datePer Request
- Understand the importance of safe and sound practices in all phases of planning and rescue operations.
- Understand various tools and the operators influence on their operation.
- Improve utilization of and communication with heavy equipment contractors and operators
- Explain basic concepts, safety, failure mode, and uses of heavy equipment and wire rope
- rigging for hazard mitigation during US&R incidents;
- Learn to Safely and efficiently deploy mobile cranes and other heavy equipment during critical US&R operations
- Explain how demolition contractors and their equipment may be effectively used during US&R operations
- Identify the non-traditional uses of mobile cranes and other heavy equipment that might be employed during US&R operations
- Develop efficient teams that work together safely and effectively
- Identify common rigging terms
Schedule & Student Count
- COURSE LENGTH: 32 Hours
- PARTICIPANTS: 20 Student maximum
- VENUE: Guardian Centers
Course Fees & Materials
- Contact GC for Pricing Details
- Guardian Centers Onsite Billeting | 600 Perry Parkway, Perry, GA | (478) 224-5700
- Holiday Inn | 1502 Sam Nunn Blvd. Perry, GA | (877) 786-9480
- Best Western | 205 Lect St. Perry, GA | (866) 460-7456
- Comfort Inn | 201 Lect Drive Perry GA | (855) 307-2224
- Hampton Inn | 100 Marketplace Drive Perry GA | (855) 901-0002
- Microtel Inn & Suites | 110 Fairview Drive Perry, GA | (478) 987-4004
Cancellation & Refunds
Download the BrochureCourse Brochure
Vehicle and Machinery ExtricationA vehicle and machinery NFPA 1006 compliant course that is a hybrid presentation of vehicle and machinery rescue training.
Surface Water RescueThe Surface Water Rescue class taught at Guardian Centers, Georgia is an NFPA 1006 compliant course that meets and exceeds the standards set forth in Chapter 11.
Heavy Equipment Rigging Specialist (H.E.R.S)Structural collapse training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings to facilitate rigging and crane operations.
Advanced ShoringAdvanced Shoring is an all encompassing structural collapse style training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings.
Rope Rescue Level I and IIStudents are led through progressive Level I training into the more sophisticated Level II KSAs and benefit throughout from Guardian Centers facilities.
Structural Collapse OperationsAddresses the knowledge, skills and abilities required to assess, size-up and mitigate light frame and ordinary construction events.
Structural Collapse TechnicianDuring the this course the participant will learn to assess and mitigate structural collapse dangers while facilitating search and rescue operations
CERFP Search and ExtractThe Search and Extract training curriculum addresses and exposes to NFPA 1006 2013 Chapter 6, 7, 9, and 11. As an abbreviated curriculum, it integrates cognitive and practical knowledge, skills and abilities.
Tactical CQTThe principals and fundaments of CQT, two and four man entries, approach consideration, breaching considerations, and dynamics clearances of multiple rooms, hallways, large and small structures.
SWAT IThe topics covered include but are not limited to; SWAT fundamentals, SWAT weapons and tools, approaches and breaching techniques, entry techniques, building assaults, and vehicle assaults.
SWAT IIThe more advanced topics covered include but are not limited to; SWAT fundamentals, SWAT weapons and tools, approaches and breaching techniques …
Tactical Rope OperationsDesigned for Law Enforcement/ Military / SWAT/ Tactical Responders with a possible mission/ operational need for conducting operations that necessitate the need to reach elevated platforms …
Ballistic ShieldCovering both safety and employment of the Ballistic Shield, topic covered include but are not limited to; hand holds, stance, positions, entry techniques, clearing, and use of less than lethal and high-risk drills.
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)First responder level application of life saving medical interventions for use during disaster and high threat situations.
Earthquake Response - Incident Management TeamThe training is designed to exercise an IMT’s ability to validate the notification process, deployment process, response to an …
Earthquake Response - USAR Task ForceThis exercise will focus on demonstrating the ability to mobilize, deploy, operate and rotate personnel for extended operations (longer than 24 hours) at a large scale incident.