Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Guardian Centers, LLC for fresh articles!
- Learning Objectives
- Course Registration
- Schedule & Student Count
- Course Fees & Materials
- Cancellation & Refunds
The Surface Water Rescue class taught at Guardian Centers, Georgia is an NFPA 1006 compliant course that meets and exceeds the standards set forth in Chapter 11. Presented over 5 days, the training integrates didactics and extensive hands on applications to introduce and lead the student through the knowledge, skills and abilities of surface water rescue in waters that do not by definition exceed 1 knot per hour. Training includes theories and practice of hydraulics, hydrodynamics, navigation, PPE, various types of boat operation and maintenance such as boat handling techniques, victim rescue skills from shore, boats and even in the water.
A progressive class, the techniques the student is exposed to begin with simple survival skills for rescuer, skills and equipment required to make safe rescues from shore, boat or in the water. The KSAs progress into boat handling and rescues from objects, flooded areas of buildings and the need to employ a rescue swimmer to assist in a victim rescue. Ultimately, advanced rope skills for exotic applications such as horizontal or high lines for access and rescue of victims unapproachable by other means. The Guardian Centers’ gold standard facilities and props – i.e. flooded buildings and areas – afford a safe and realistic environment for the surface water rescue venue and any responder local, regional, national or international.
Course only open to currently credentialed Military, Law Enforcement and First Responders.
Choose your course datePer Request
- Understand the theories and principles of water, flooding, currents and tides as they relate to terrain, buildings, victims, choice of PPE, boats and rescue resources. ( NFPA 1006 Chap 11, 11.1-11.1.3)
- Progressive knowledge, skills and abilities in developing and executing victim rescues from land to victim, boat to victim, and from in the water to victim.(NFPA 1006 Chap 11, 11.1.4, 11.1.6 & 7)
- Safely and proficiently operate various watercraft to access and make victim rescues in flooded areas, buildings or in the water. (NFPA 1006, Chap 11, 11.1.8 -11, 11.1.10, 11 & 12)
- Demonstrate survival and swim skills with appropriate PPE, PFDs and other equipment in flood waters and environments. (NFPA 1006 Chap 11 11.2 – 11.2.4.
- Develop and demonstrate advanced rope skills for designing and installing high lines, horizontal lines or angle lines to facilitate the access to and rescue of victims not accessible by other means.
Schedule & Student Count
- COURSE LENGTH: 40 Hours
- PARTICIPANTS: 20 Student maximum
- VENUE: Guardian Centers
Course Fees & Materials
- PRICING: $1,800.00 per student
- Guardian Centers Onsite Billeting | 600 Perry Parkway, Perry, GA | (478) 224-5700
- Holiday Inn | 1502 Sam Nunn Blvd. Perry, GA | (877) 786-9480
- Best Western | 205 Lect St. Perry, GA | (866) 460-7456
- Comfort Inn | 201 Lect Drive Perry GA | (855) 307-2224
- Hampton Inn | 100 Marketplace Drive Perry GA | (855) 901-0002
- Microtel Inn & Suites | 110 Fairview Drive Perry, GA | (478) 987-4004
Cancellation & Refunds
Download the BrochureCourse Brochure
Vehicle and Machinery ExtricationA vehicle and machinery NFPA 1006 compliant course that is a hybrid presentation of vehicle and machinery rescue training.
Surface Water RescueThe Surface Water Rescue class taught at Guardian Centers, Georgia is an NFPA 1006 compliant course that meets and exceeds the standards set forth in Chapter 11.
Heavy Equipment Rigging Specialist (H.E.R.S)Structural collapse training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings to facilitate rigging and crane operations.
Advanced ShoringAdvanced Shoring is an all encompassing structural collapse style training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings.
Rope Rescue Level I and IIStudents are led through progressive Level I training into the more sophisticated Level II KSAs and benefit throughout from Guardian Centers facilities.
Structural Collapse OperationsAddresses the knowledge, skills and abilities required to assess, size-up and mitigate light frame and ordinary construction events.
Structural Collapse TechnicianDuring the this course the participant will learn to assess and mitigate structural collapse dangers while facilitating search and rescue operations
CERFP Search and ExtractThe Search and Extract training curriculum addresses and exposes to NFPA 1006 2013 Chapter 6, 7, 9, and 11. As an abbreviated curriculum, it integrates cognitive and practical knowledge, skills and abilities.
Tactical CQTThe principals and fundaments of CQT, two and four man entries, approach consideration, breaching considerations, and dynamics clearances of multiple rooms, hallways, large and small structures.
SWAT IThe topics covered include but are not limited to; SWAT fundamentals, SWAT weapons and tools, approaches and breaching techniques, entry techniques, building assaults, and vehicle assaults.
SWAT IIThe more advanced topics covered include but are not limited to; SWAT fundamentals, SWAT weapons and tools, approaches and breaching techniques …
Tactical Rope OperationsDesigned for Law Enforcement/ Military / SWAT/ Tactical Responders with a possible mission/ operational need for conducting operations that necessitate the need to reach elevated platforms …
Ballistic ShieldCovering both safety and employment of the Ballistic Shield, topic covered include but are not limited to; hand holds, stance, positions, entry techniques, clearing, and use of less than lethal and high-risk drills.
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)First responder level application of life saving medical interventions for use during disaster and high threat situations.
Earthquake Response - Incident Management TeamThe training is designed to exercise an IMT’s ability to validate the notification process, deployment process, response to an …
Earthquake Response - USAR Task ForceThis exercise will focus on demonstrating the ability to mobilize, deploy, operate and rotate personnel for extended operations (longer than 24 hours) at a large scale incident.