Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Guardian Centers, LLC for fresh articles!
- Learning Objectives
- Course Registration
- Schedule & Student Content
- Course Fees & Materials
- Cancellation & Refunds
The FEMA Structural Collapse Technician course is an 8 day – 80 hour program developed by the FEMA structural engineers and subject matter experts for encompassing structural collapse training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings to facilitate search and rescue operations. Students are exposed to theory, principle and relationships of how and why collapse events occur and how they can best be addressed for successful and safe search and rescue operations. The training integrates elements of physics and engineering concepts and is heavily weighted with practical applications of shoring construction, movement of heavy objects about with everything from levers to cranes and physically defeating concrete and steel in a safe and efficient manner facilitating victim rescue. The curriculum is the core collapse training for all 28 Federal USAR teams and meets and exceeds all applications of NFPA Standards 1006 and 1670.
Course only open to currently credentialed Military, Law Enforcement and First Responders and Rope Level I & II.
Choose your course dateMay 15-22, 2018
- Understand the importance of safe and sound practices in all phases of planning and rescue operations.
- Understand various tools and the operators influence on their operation.
- Understand types of buildings and how stress and forces apply to their failure and collapse footprint. Understand the interaction of building types, failures with survivability and search operations. Classify buildings, collapse and appropriate types of building, search and victim markings.
- Understand WHY we build shores.
- Understand HOW and WHERE we build shores.
- Understand WHY, HOW AND WHERE we breach, break, cut and burn components of buildings in search and rescue operations.
- Understand how the physics and forces associated with heavy buildings and objects effect decisions to move and the necessary resources to move them i.e. airbags, pry bars, cranes, heavy equipment.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities required by integrating all applications of the class into a rescue scenario.
Schedule & Student Content
- COURSE LENGTH: 80 Hours
- PARTICIPANTS: 24 Student maximum
- VENUE: Guardian Centers
Course Fees & Materials
- PRICING: $2,700.00 per student (includes lunch)
- Guardian Centers Onsite Billeting | 600 Perry Parkway, Perry, GA | (478) 224-5700
- Holiday Inn | 1502 Sam Nunn Blvd. Perry, GA | (877) 786-9480
- Best Western | 205 Lect St. Perry, GA | (866) 460-7456
- Comfort Inn | 201 Lect Drive Perry GA | (855) 307-2224
- Hampton Inn | 100 Marketplace Drive Perry GA | (855) 901-0002
- Microtel Inn & Suites | 110 Fairview Drive Perry, GA | (478) 987-4004
Cancellation & Refunds
Download the BrochureCourse Brochure
CWA-HME Small Scale ProductionGain insight into the behaviors and qualities of chemical and explosive threat agents and recognize the requirements for production and detection of threat agents.
Radiation Materials SpecialistReal radiation training using live radioactive sources. Using both classroom instruction and real scenario walk-throughs, learn how to properly deal with radiation incidents.
Vehicle and Machinery ExtricationA vehicle and machinery NFPA 1006 compliant course that is a hybrid presentation of vehicle and machinery rescue training.
Surface Water RescueThe Surface Water Rescue class taught at Guardian Centers, Georgia is an NFPA 1006 compliant course that meets and exceeds the standards set forth in Chapter 11.
Heavy Equipment Rigging Specialist (H.E.R.S)Structural collapse training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings to facilitate rigging and crane operations.
Advanced ShoringAdvanced Shoring is an all encompassing structural collapse style training for assessing and mitigating all types of collapses in all types of buildings.
Rope Rescue Level I and IIStudents are led through progressive Level I training into the more sophisticated Level II KSAs and benefit throughout from Guardian Centers facilities.
Structural Collapse OperationsAddresses the knowledge, skills and abilities required to assess, size-up and mitigate light frame and ordinary construction events.
Structural Collapse TechnicianDuring the this course the participant will learn to assess and mitigate structural collapse dangers while facilitating search and rescue operations
CERFP Search and ExtractThe Search and Extract training curriculum addresses and exposes to NFPA 1006 2013 Chapter 6, 7, 9, and 11. As an abbreviated curriculum, it integrates cognitive and practical knowledge, skills and abilities.
Tactical CQTThe principals and fundaments of CQT, two and four man entries, approach consideration, breaching considerations, and dynamics clearances of multiple rooms, hallways, large and small structures.
SWAT IThe topics covered include but are not limited to; SWAT fundamentals, SWAT weapons and tools, approaches and breaching techniques, entry techniques, building assaults, and vehicle assaults.
SWAT IIThe more advanced topics covered include but are not limited to; SWAT fundamentals, SWAT weapons and tools, approaches and breaching techniques …
Tactical Rope OperationsDesigned for Law Enforcement/ Military / SWAT/ Tactical Responders with a possible mission/ operational need for conducting operations that necessitate the need to reach elevated platforms …
Ballistic ShieldCovering both safety and employment of the Ballistic Shield, topic covered include but are not limited to; hand holds, stance, positions, entry techniques, clearing, and use of less than lethal and high-risk drills.
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)First responder level application of life saving medical interventions for use during disaster and high threat situations.
Infectious Persons HandlingThe emergency services system is the lead activity to provide emergency care for known or suspected Ebola Patients.
Earthquake Response - Incident Management TeamThe training is designed to exercise an IMT’s ability to validate the notification process, deployment process, response to an …
Earthquake Response - USAR Task ForceThis exercise will focus on demonstrating the ability to mobilize, deploy, operate and rotate personnel for extended operations (longer than 24 hours) at a large scale incident.
Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)The program is based on a prehospital trauma care philosophy, stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.